Awase dashi also known as Ichiban dashi is the most basic kind of Japanese dashi.
Healthy low-calorie Air Fryer Salmon with Honey Soy Glaze ready in 30 minutes!
This is an extremely easy dish to make that doesn't sacrifice flavor. We used to bake our salmon in the oven, but we were recently gifted an air fryer for Christmas and never looked back. There are many different brands and sizes, but the PowerXL Air Fryer Vortex 7Qt was perfect for us. It fits about 2-3 pieces of salmon per batch.
Other than the salmon, there's only 4 ingredients in the honey soy glaze: honey, sriracha, low sodium soy sauce, and garlic. I typically serve this with some broccoli, cauliflower rice, or a salad. The fish only needs to be marinated for 20 minutes before placing it into the air fryer for 6 to 8 minutes. While you're waiting for the air fryer to finish, just reduce the marinade into a glaze in a small pot.
How do you know if salmon is cooked?
You'll be able to tell if the salmon is done by the change in color from translucent (red or raw) to opaque (pink). After 6 to 8 minutes, check if it's done by taking a sharp knife to peek into the thickest part. If the meat is beginning to flake but still has a little translucency in the middle, it is done. You can also use a meat thermometer to check if the internal temperature of the thickest part of the salmon is at 145 degrees Fahrenheit. I've included the meat thermometer I use below. It's a good investment and saves a lot of time taking out the guesswork.
Air Fryer Salmon With Honey Soy Glaze
Prep and Marinate Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 33 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Calories: 313 per serving
-3 tbs reduced sodium soy sauce
-2 tbs honey
-1 tbs sriracha hot sauce
-3 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
-4 salmon fillets, skinless (6 ounces each)
1. Combine soy sauce, honey, sriracha, and garlic in a small bowl. Pour into a gallon sized ziploc bag and add the salmon*.
2. Marinate for 20 minutes, flip the bag over midway through.
3. Preheat the air fryer for 3 minutes on 400F. Spray the basket with nonstick spray.
4. Remove the fish from the marinade and place them in the air fryer in batches. Air fry each batch for about 7 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon.
5. During this time, pour the remaining marinade in a small sauce pan and bring it to a simmer over medium-low heat. Let it reduce for about 2 minutes and thicken into a glaze. Spoon the finished product over the salmon right before serving.
Note: If you're using frozen salmon, let it thaw and pat dry before putting them into the marinade.